Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cabelas question

mdunc8

I've been saving my Cabelas points for a couple years and would like to use them to buy a new shotgun now that I'm starting to take this whole waterfowl thing a little more seriously. However, I don't think Cabelas will let you use points for firearms. Does anyone know if I can purchase something with my points, quickly return it for store credit, then use the store credit to purchase a gun?

Not sure. Didn't know you couldn't use them to buy firearms. Can you use points to buy gift cards? That might be an easy work around.

Is that a local Cabelas rule? You can surely burn your points on handguns in the WV Cabelas. :D

You guys are correct. Not sure why I thought that. Maybe it was the coupons I get in the mail. Now for the tough part. Which gun to buy? I'm guessing there's already plenty of threads on the topic.

You can use your cabela's points for anything you want-at retail, online, or from the catalogue. You can also use them in conjunction with other offers.

Have fun with the new toy!

It depends on how much you want to spend. If you have tons of points, there is always Benelli etc. that will cost you plenty. If you don't want to spend tons on a gun, but want something reliable, then the Mossberg 835 or 935 is a quality gun for a reasonable price. The sky is the limit with shotguns.

I'm currently rolling with a Remington 870 super-mag and a Mossberg 835 ulti-mag for waterfowl, basically do all pump guns. The 870 is more reliable as far as cycling 3 1/2's, but the 835 was cheap. If I were to look now I would probably shop for the best deal on a Remington versa max or a Benelli SBE II.

Both good guns. I just bought a Mossberg 935 at auction and it shoots very well. I also have an 835 and you are correct on the Remington being smoother on the cycle.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back