Bx-4 10x42 vs Razor 10x42

LostTexican

I ended up buying a pair of bx-4 for my wife a while back and never really messed with them. I have owned a pair of razor 10x42 for a few years and they were almost twice the price, both being bought on a heavy discount. After messing with the bx4 I can't see where the razor is worth twice the price. They have a slightly better depth of focus but beyond that I can't really see why anyone would pay what the razors sell for over a pair of the bx4. As far as low light viewing they're tough to distinguish as which optic is better. The Leupold warranty is great but as hard as I have been on my stuff I have to give the nod to vortex. I dropped a spotting scope, clearly my fault and they handled it door to door at no charge. I don't think Leupold would have done the same. On top of that Leupold has been historically slow on returning optics to me whenever I had to send them in. Has anyone dealt with the Leupold warranty on something that was obviously user error damage? I think these razors will be going in the classifieds on another site soon. Rolling them both over and seeing one being made in Japan and the other in China it does sway me to the Japanese made optic (Leupold). I love the fact that Leupold has employees that assemble optics and work with them daily here in the US. I know vortex has a large footprint of employees as well but it just doesn't feel the same. I'm curious to see if anyone else found the bx4 to be as comparable considering price point wise they are competing with the "viper" line....

Reactions: JAG

FI460

A buddy of mine has the razors and I have bx4s.

We put them both on tripods in the back yard a few years ago. Agreed that there is very little difference between them.

Reactions: JAG

Brandon270

Glad to see this comparison. I don't see myself ever spending money on the high end euro stuff. The Bx-4 os on my list of possible options to upgrade to from my Diamondbacks one day. Good to see they are just as good as the razors for a better price.

Henry22

I love my BX-4s. My brother has the viper and he likes them but we both agree the Leupolds are clearer and feel better

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoniebrown787