Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Buffalo Kills Hunter in Argentina

A Mexican lawyer who thinks the law doesn't apply to him. Why am I not surprised? And no charges against the tour company that knowingly organized a poaching trip. Typical. I was contemplating a trip to hunt Argentina. Not now. Yep, hunting pigeons with .408 and .458. Do you think they were using enough gun? 😅

I can’t believe that killed him? Must have got stepped on or shot by that last bullet… really didn’t look that gruesome to me on my 6” iPhone screen

My curiosity got me looking into what species of buffalo were in Argentina. It appears they brought in Water Buffalo in an ill advised livestock introduction. They were either let go or escaped to their own devices. It appears they can be hunted year around. I'd speculate that it is not unlike hog hunting in Texas. So perhaps no license is even required.

That might be why the authorities didn't dig into the Buffalo hunt.

I'd agree that a one ton bull looking for mayhem is dishing out more harm than meets the eye.

I can’t believe that killed him? Must have got stepped on or shot by that last bullet… really didn’t look that gruesome to me on my 6” iPhone screen

A fully “immobilized” American bison can toss a 200 lb man trying to control its head like a rag doll. These animals are indescribably strong, and they make it look easy. It takes very little effort on their part to inflict serious damage on our soft little bodies.

I had a friend as a senior in high school that was 6’3 and pushing 260lbs! Big old cornbread eating country boy! I saw a 90lb doe kick him in the chest and pick him up off the ground. Knocked the breath out of him! He thought she was dead and walked up on her and she was far from it. I laughed so hard I almost passed out myself! I can’t imagine what a pissed off Buffalo could do and I don’t plan to ever find out! We never did see that doe again.

A fully “immobilized” American bison can toss a 200 lb man trying to control its head like a rag doll. These animals are indescribably strong, and they make it look easy. It takes very little effort on their part to inflict serious damage on our soft little bodies.
Oh I don’t doubt it a bit! I’m not a furry cow petting kinda fella… I live here 😂 not Africa- but kinda 😂

Was just saying- I had to consent to graphic content…. I’ve seen worse from domestic barnyard animals…

That looks like a Cape buffalo to me. Something seems off about this…
I’m in your camp with a Cape buffalo and thorn trees looking like Africa. But the lower growth vegetation isn’t “right” for “my” parts of East Africa.

There are lots of introduced species all over our planet. It just looks all wrong to see a Cape buffalo in South America.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back