Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Browning X Bolt Stalker Pics

roberte65

Hey All!

I wanted some help deciding what version of the X Bolt to lust after. The Composite Stalker and Stainless Stalker are both in my price range. Seeing as though i cant find one on the shelf anywhere to save my life, i thought id request some pics to help me out.

My main concern is with the stock. I know the "dura-touch" finish is no more, but what has replaced it? I cant find any info on what the new composite stock is like. (I would not touch that sticky dura-touch rifle with a 10 foot pole)

Last edited:
This wont help but after getting mine I really really like it. I am going to grab another one when I see a great deal pop up. And they do. To me it was worth the extra for the stock and weight reduction. My buddy has the hells canyon version and its great too.

Attachments

• IMG_1332(1).jpg
    IMG_1332(1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
I bought one in a 6.5 CM last year and I really like it. It's a shooter. The barrel doesn't foul much and cleans up like a custom. There is some flex in the Stalker stock but not terrible. I ordered a Boyd's LW thumbhole and will do a bed job on that. image2.jpegimage1 (2).jpegimage0 (3).jpeg

I bought one in a 6.5 CM last year and I really like it. It's a shooter. The barrel doesn't foul much and cleans up like a custom. There is some flex in the Stalker stock but not terrible. I ordered a Boyd's LW thumbhole and will do a bed job on that. View attachment 172438View attachment 172439View attachment 172440
Nice rig! Looks like the stock has a slight grayish tint to it. Does it have a texture too it. Looks a lot cleaner than the dura-touch

I’ve had mine since 2018. No complaints with stock. I have a few other rifles but it seems whenever I have the Browning with me animals end up dead.

1C78674F-C218-4B93-953C-0CEA3FB17785.jpeg

Yes, it's more of a charcoal color than black. I like the ergos of it and yes it has texture. It's my first Browning but won't be my last.

Back