PEAX Equipment

Browning X-Bolt receiver thread ISSUES

NWmontanaOutdoors

I was mounting my base to the receiver (yes, the correct rail & correct direction at the correct TQ value with the correct fasteners) and the forward right reviewer threads stripped at 15 inch pounds.

I was walking the TQ up to value as I’ve heard of others having problems with the threads and all hit value other than the forward right. It completely stripped out at 15 inch pounds.

this is absolutely ridiculous and a fault of engineering on browning behalf, that receiver should be able to withstand nearly double the torque spec. Unfortunately it didn’t even make it to spec.

I am very very disappointed and sad, as my bear rifle is now compromised for an indefinite amount of time. Has anyone else ran into this? Any remedies? Any suggestions? A browning rep, maybe?

Last edited:
I would contact Browning and see what they can do for you. I have had some problems with feeding in my browning x bolt LR but no problem with threads.

I would contact Browning and see what they can do for you. I have had some problems with feeding in my browning x bolt LR but no problem with threads.
For sure, will contact them Monday and see about working it out. With the threads themselves being stripped I am concerned they are going to tell me to kick rocks. We will see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back