Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Browning Hells Canyon

mevertsen

I need a new 30-06 or 243 like I need a hole in my head.

We were in Reno, and doing some shopping at Scheel's.

I was brousing and came across the Hell's Canyon.

Price was $7 or $8 hundred. Can't remember which.

All I can say is DAMN. that thing is slick. Bolt is like butter. Nice gun that looks like it could actually stand up to what I might put it through.

Is it all that? I might just go next spring.

Edit-may have been on the price, but either way, I really liked that gun.

Last edited:
I bought one last year. Ended up going with the Hells Canyon Long Range. Sure worked slick when i took it to Colorado. The only issue Ive had with it is that on one spot on the receiver looks to be discolored almost like its rusting even though the thing is Cerakoted. Great rig though, Id recommend it to anyone. Ended up liking Barnes TSX 165's.

I have the 300wm, taken many animals with it. Built a handload and shoot submoa consistently. Love it.

That's exactly what happened to me, was at a show and came across the Browning booth and picked up an X-bolt...I instantly knew I needed one. So a few weeks later I bought one in 30-06. Beautiful rifle and accurate, I mean 1/2" groups or better all day accurate. If you decide to get one, you won't regret it.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I really am in no need of a new rifle, but was just wasting some time. I hate those days. Lol.

I will see how the spring goes before deciding to get one or not.

Back