Caribou Gear Tarp

Brooks Range Aviation Caribou Hunt

I have used them while on a Dall Sheep hunt. Everything went according to plan with timely departure and pickup. The best part may have been the free beer the pilot gave me when we landed at Bettles on the way back. They seemed like good people to me. There was even a free place to stay if they couldn't get you out on the same day of your departure.

I have used them while on a Dall Sheep hunt. Everything went according to plan with timely departure and pickup. The best part may have been the free beer the pilot gave me when we landed at Bettles on the way back. They seemed like good people to me. There was even a free place to stay if they couldn't get you out on the same day of your departure.
Well thats handy! I have been in touch with hem and they have been great to deal with and have given a lot of information. I just wanted to check if anyone used the. From what i gathered they don't really scout for caribou or monitor the migration like other flight companies and drop you off at a set camp. SO you just have to hope the caribou are passing by that particular camp that week. Hopefully you got your Dall. Thanks for the feedback

I just happened to see this. I worked for many years with Jay and Judy Jesperson who own Brooks Range Aviation. I have only the highest regard for them.
Alaska is a different place, with different challenges that can be hard to accept for lower 48 hunters who have scrimped and saved to try to go caribou hunting. I have spent lots and lots of time in both Bettles and Kotzebue and I highly recommend Bettles for a safe pleasant and rich experience. In both places and with many outfitters and transporters I’ve seen lots of game and no game, plane wrecks, weather, and everything else one might expect.
Even if it is more expensive I would without hesitation recommend BRA. The caribou hunting is different - generally you won’t see huge groups or big migrations in the central brooks, but you’ll find caribou and you’ll see extraordinary country. Feel free to pm me for specifics.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back