Yeti GOBOX Collection

Boots Recommendations... no not those kinda boots

AvidIndoorsman

Buddy from Texas is getting married, uniform is a tux with boots. We got a giftcard from the groom here...

School me up... we can go any style and color... probably the only cowboy boots I'm going to ever own.

Buddy from Texas is getting married, uniform is a tux with boots. We got a giftcard from the groom here...

School me up... we can go any style and color... probably the only cowboy boots I'm going to ever own.
The Jackson all day everyday.

Ostrich are very thin and soft and they look like you’re trying too hard. Anything that came from a reptile is only for Mexican drug lords.
If you want to try too hard AND look like a drug lord...

Square toe was never considered "cowboy boot" back in my day. True riding heel takes some getting used to but you'll probably only wear them for this occasion. Again, low straight heel and square toe sounds more like a Wellington to me. Not sure a British boot would go over very well at a Texas wedding. 😄 I gave up on cowboy boots very early on in my horseman younger days. They didn't agree with my very high arch and no traction even on flat surfaces. I rode the trails and punched cows with my Whites loggers and overshoe stirrups for quick escape if needed. They have about the right heel design to pass for something cowboyish but not sure I'd recommend those for a Texas wedding. Might work in Forks, Washington. I understand a pair of Whites is around $400 these days.

My advice would be to buy something you can afford to ignore or toss after this wedding. They are not very useful footwear, especially for outdoors inclined.

Square toe was never considered "cowboy boot" back in my day. True riding heel takes some getting used to but you'll probably only wear them for this occasion. Again, low straight heel and square toe sounds more like a Wellington to me. Not sure a British boot would go over very well at a Texas wedding. 😄 I gave up on cowboy boots very early on in my horseman younger days. They didn't agree with my very high arch and no traction even on flat surfaces. I rode the trails and punched cows with my Whites loggers and overshoe stirrups for quick escape if needed. They have about the right heel design to pass for something cowboyish but not sure I'd recommend those for a Texas wedding. Might work in Forks, Washington. I understand a pair of Whites is around $400 these days.

My advice would be to buy something you can afford to ignore or toss after this wedding. They are not very useful footwear, especially for outdoors inclined.
What you think people who wear cowboy boots look like
1644002447685.png

my reality...
1644002488202.png

And I’d say 90% of the folks I know that are actual ranchers, rodeo, and spend a ton of time on a horse wear square toes and shorter heels.
For work, yes. For show ... ? The guy wants to fit in with dress code for a dressed up cowboy. Maybe some of those ranchers will wear their square toe low heel work boots in to town to check the mail but more often than not their Sunday church boots are pointy toe ostrich or lizard skin with riding heel and all the embroidery trimmings.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back