How do those blue tennis shoes hold up to the rough terrain?

Honestly, my opinion of trail runners has changed dramatically over the years.

Side hilling in steep terrain... not ideal and you can't dig in your heel and go straight down. That said for pack raft hunts where you are going to be wet they are a pretty decent choice as they dry out a lot faster than leather boots. Like over the course of the day rather than never and you can swim in them if required.

For this hunt I went with my schnees, which went inside the boat during the floating portions and then worse crocks with neoprene socks while floating. I tried to be the only one standing in the water so her feet stayed mostly dry.

i read the fine print. i was like 90% certain what unit you were in at the beginning of this thread ;)

congrats to your siser!

what about your buck?

Outstanding! I was bummed to miss out on my sister’s first antelope and I’ll be trying to help her find her her first elk in November.

Making it harder to resist purchasing a pack raft.

I've been enthralled by rivers since I was a kid. Canoes, rafts, kayaks, etc.

As an adult I've found logistics to be a bigger and bigger hurdle. Don't get me wrong I love rafts, but dealing with trailers/shuttle runs/boat storage it all just makes it more difficult to get on the river and I find myself doing it less.

Alpacka Raft really solve a ton of these problems with their pack rafts. Two people with Subaru/Corollas/ etc can easily shuttle 5 people + boats for a day trip. The boats take up about the same amount of storage space in your house as a sleeping bag.

If you want to go float/ fish solo you can strap your bike on the boat, float the river, deflate the boat and ride you bike back up to your car no problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back