*In an attempt to not further draw attention to a unit Steven Rinella exploited
There was another thread dedicated to his float in corner hunt that I can’t find, but could someone break down for me what the dick moves were in that episode?

1. ID the parcel hunted?
2. Hunt on top of someone who they knew was already there ahead of them?
3. Destroy a local secret spot?
5. Can’t hit animals for crap?
4.???

There was another thread dedicated to his float in corner hunt that I can’t find, but could someone break down for me what the dick moves were in that episode?

1. ID the parcel hunted?
2. Hunt on top of someone who they knew was already there ahead of them?
3. Destroy a local secret spot?
5. Can’t hit animals for crap?
4.???
3. Mostly, I could probably get you within 20 feet of the gut pile just watching the episode.

I’m not much of a spot secret person but it’s fun talking shit ;)

Very nice

I’m really aiming to try and keep the nose bones intact this time.

same sous vide process for this guy?
Yep. Went really slow and low messing around with the temps, did 122 for 36 hours then changed the water then 155 for 4 hours and washed it off. Seemed to work pretty well.

I'm not sure I've put this in the directions before but I've been wrapping the bases in pipe sealant tape super tight and that really seems to do a good job of protecting them as it's tough not to submerge them to some degree.

Yep. Went really slow and low messing around with the temps, did 122 for 36 hours then changed the water then 155 for 4 hours and washed it off. Seemed to work pretty well.

I'm not sure I've put this in the directions before but I've been wrapping the bases in pipe sealant tape super tight and that really seems to do a good job of protecting them as it's tough not to submerge them to some degree.

I assume you drip peroxide gel down the nasal cavity? I’m thinking of trying the wrap method rather than a hot peroxide/water bath this time. Still haven’t decided. I do like that peroxide bath though, very thorough. but thinking I could pull of stronger whites with the wrap

great job on the skull. Something I thought I'd share, this year I dumped quite a bit of oxyclean in my boil water, all three rounds, and there's no need for peroxide, that thing is WHITE!
Yeah the oxi in the waterbath does help a ton, I’ve definitely had a couple skulls that were almost fine without addition peroxide treatment.

Great story and adventure for you both. I don't know how I missed this thread originally but Congrats!

Very well told adventure! Huge congrats for the guide getting the client out to utilize that hunters safety she took! Hopefully another lifetime hunter! Great job on the skull also. Picture paddling in raft is “epic” as the younger generation says....
Matt

Very well told adventure! Huge congrats for the guide getting the client out to utilize that hunters safety she took! Hopefully another lifetime hunter! Great job on the skull also. Picture paddling in raft is “epic” as the younger generation says....
Matt
Gracias! I hope so as well, she’s excited about ocellated turkeys, which would be a blast.

Matt
Easy with the guide talk, some asshat will take it literally and turn him into CPW lol

What a great story man! Congrats to you both. This is just the sort of hunt my 11 year old daughter wants to go on in a bad way. Nice rifle too. Transition pre 64. Great chambering as well.

great job on the skull. Something I thought I'd share, this year I dumped quite a bit of oxyclean in my boil water, all three rounds, and there's no need for peroxide, that thing is WHITE!
Try adding liquid 40 to the water to...... clean water.

Try adding liquid 40 to the water to...... clean water.
Essentially boiling (heating) is just speeding up decomposition,
2 H2O2 → 2 H2O + O2
so technically the same whitening. 10 days at room temp might be the same as 40 min at 200. I’m sure a chemistry major could give us the point at which you’ve used up the “whitening power” of a given amount of vol 40 based on temp.

Essentially boiling (heating) is just speeding up decomposition,
2 H2O2 → 2 H2O + O2
so technically the same whitening. 10 days at room temp might be the same as 40 min at 200. I’m sure a chemistry major could give us the point at which you’ve used up the “whitening power” of a given amount of vol 40 based on temp.
such a great story and the thread gets derailed with this!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back