Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big Fin's Garage sale is starting

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I did this about four or five years ago and now seems like a good time to do it again. Not sure what items I am willing to part with, but Mrs. Fin told me to get "your crap out of my sewing room."

Didn't know I had anything in the sewing room. :confused: Oops. Memory failure. :eek:

First item is a New In the Box, never fired Browning A Bolt II in a .300 WSM. Won it last year and thought about how I would use it for the site. Never got around to such, after shooting the Howas. After that, I forgot I had it. Good thing the wife told me to start cleaning. Wonder what else I got laying around here?

It is topped with a Leupold VX-3 3.5x10x40mm, fully mounted. I have VX-3s on all my other rifles, so I can vouch for the quality of those optics.

Guess I could take it out of the box and post some pics, but if you do a search of that, you will find tons of pictures. It is the RMEF 25th Anniversary edition. Here is a pic I found on another site.

Browning.jpg

As anyone who has bought/swapped with me knows, when Fin decides to get rid of stuff, the price can be really good.

Might consider a trade for other stuff, but given I have more stuff than I need, a trade would have to be some sweet bait.

Feel free to PM with a price or offer and it might be yours.

Fin's garage sales can lead to some great bargains. Fin, if you're thinking of clearing out that 300 RUM taking up space in your safe, let me know. ;)

Fin's garage sales can lead to some great bargains. Fin, if you're thinking of clearing out that 300 RUM taking up space in your safe, let me know. ;)

Next up might be that .270 WSM, a Rem 700 XCR, with less than 50 rounds down the barrel. Not sure, what is up next. But the safe is beyond full, and when I start building new rifles from the Howa 1500 action, I am going to need some space.

Once the.300 WSM is gone, I will decide what is next. Got lots of PMs since posting it, so it might be sooner rather than later.

Don't any of you be contacting my wife. She sells my stuff for a lot less than I do, and I sell it pretty damn low.

Elkwido is wondering if a kitchen table is going up for auction. I'm wondering what else you have? Going to be hard to kill an elk with a kitchen table. :eek: I don't want to play my cards too early and miss out on some real good stuff;)

I'm liking the 270 idea. I'm working on a nice payment option as we speak. Gotta run to church.

Don't any of you be contacting my wife. She sells my stuff for a lot less than I do, and I sell it pretty damn low.

As they say, my biggest fear would be my wife selling my gear for what i said i paid for it!:eek:
Cheers and HNY
Richard

You should list all the items you are getting rid of and then have a 2-3 day PM bid. Best price offered wins.

I could easily find a home for that Kimber 308 if its taking up too much space

I'll go halfsies with you and we can have joint custody.

Joint custody on a rifle? Hmmm...I'll take my visitation from April-June and September-November and you can have the other six months.

One small correction. When it took it out to take these pics, I noticed the scope is a VX-III B&C, not a VX-3. Not a big difference.

Package also includes the sling.

Some pics.

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

Noticed this small nick when I took it out of the box. Appears to have been something from when it was in the display rack for the raffle.
IMG_1738.JPG

What happened Big Fin? Did you sell everything off in back room deals to insiders?

What happened Big Fin? Did you sell everything off in back room deals to insiders?

Well, I had one guy who promised to buy this Browning. That fell through, so I gave it away to a non-profit group. Hope they can raise a couple thousand by selling raffle tickets.

The .270 WSM was so coveted by a camera guy, that I traded him the rifle and scope for a very valuable DSLR and accessories. My son is a big time photo and video junkie, so Mrs. Fin decides that my son gets the camera.

Now I am down two rifles from my inventory, thinking I might pocket a couple thousand dollars of running money by selling them, only to find myself with no more cash than when I started.

Yeah, call me stupid. But, when I pull something off the shelf and decide to get rid of it, I am serious about getting rid of it.

I might dig out some more stuff, but right now, I have a million things to catch up on before a month of trade show travels.

So, as any good auctioneer would say, "Sold!" though not really sold. Just gone from my grubby little fingers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back