Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Best Christmas Present Ever

marshman

Next Tuesday on Christmas Eve my wife and I are going to the bank to pay off the home mortgage we have been paying on since 1993. This is the best present ever!
All of our parents and relatives are gone now so there is nobody to tell, but it sure feels good.
My plans for an early retirement are getting a good boost!

Congratulations! I make my first house payment in January, can't wait to make it where you are!

You can tell us! That is incredible. Now the hunting fund can get serious...

You can tell us! That is incredible. Now the hunting fund can get serious...
Yep, mentioned that fact to the wife and she did not even flinch! I got a real good thing going on and I know it.
Right now planning a fun summer trip for her, involving a hot spring resort, whitewater rafting and zip lining.
There is a need to keep things equal, that's why I got a real good thing going on - for 39 years now.

I do know where your exuberance is coming from.
We felt the same way when we made our last payment.
Then came the tax bill that used to be in the escrow part of the payment.
Then came the Fire insurance bill came again normally in your payment.
Start putting a little each month away where you can't /won't spend it four your new payments.
Good luck.
It's the best feeling since you put down the down payment 30 years ago.
It's been 45 blissful years for us.

I do know where your exuberance is coming from.
We felt the same way when we made our last payment.
Then came the tax bill that used to be in the escrow part of the payment.
Then came the Fire insurance bill came again normally in your payment.
Start putting a little each month away where you can't /won't spend it four your new payments.
Good luck.
It's the best feeling since you put down the down payment 30 years ago.
It's been 45 blissful years for us.

Yeah but those two things are chump change compared to a mortgage. I wasn't a fan of it either then I realized how blessed I was to be paying only those.
We paid off ours about 2 years ago and it really is a great filling when you walk into that company and hand them that last payment. Also you will be amazed at the extra money that will begin to build in that bank account.

I've paid off two...the first took 30 years, the second took two years and was exponentially sweeter due to the loan initially originating from a local bank I was familiar with being sold to large bank a thousand miles away, so impersonal that it was a PITA to get em to take the payoff. Yes it's nice not to have a mortgage. I can live with taxes, insurance, and upkeep incidentals.

We have 4 years to go in a 5 year plan to pay ours off. I literally have a paper chain with a link on it for every thousand dollars left on the balance. We love cutting off links every month. Can't wait for the freedom of being completely debt free. Hats off to you sir!

Back