Best 375 H & H Parent case cartridge

Europe

I noticed the thread about the 30-06 and noone can disagree with the effectiveness and popularity of the 30-06, nor its wonderful offspring"s

I was curious which of the off spring from the 375 H & H do you like. I like the 300 H & H,----------and you ?

My favorite is the 7mm Rem Mag. It does everything the 30-06 does, just a little better.

Last edited:
My favorite would be the 7mm Rem Mag.
Although the 257 Weatherby does hold some special interest to me.

Although i think nothing wrong with the original parent.

275 H & H

I originally was interested in it only to round out my H & H collection ( 375, 300, 275 ) . To my surprise someone was kind enough to gift one to me. However since receiving it, I have found it to be an excellent caliber for sheep and goats.

I don't have one anymore but I like the 8mm Remington Magnum. I lugged that heavy rifle all-over Eastern Oregon for two seasons without firing it at anything but always felt like it'd be perfect for elk. I eventually replaced it with a lighter weight 338 win.

I like the original, the 375 H&H:

q9FBjK0l.jpg

OEJaMazl.jpg

Works just fine. :)

Guy

I am with guy, the 375 is best as a 375! I run 260 accubonds and its great and highly effective cartridge

Reactions: Guy
I don’t have a 375 h&h but I have it ballistic twin. A 375 Ruger. I think they are hard to beat. They will work anywhere in the world on anything. Not perfect for everything but adequate and the recoil isn’t too bad either.

I have and am very fond of the 300 "Super" in Pre 64!

are you married ? (-;

sorry guys for not getting back to this thread sooner, been really busy --LOL

I have always said all I need is the swede, 300 H/H and 375 H/H--but if I were a man and could handle recoil I think I could reduce that to two, a 270 and 340 Weatherby. Although I have and like the 257, if I had it to do over again I would have gotten the 270 as it will do everything the 257 will do--plus

Guy from memory you took a brown bear in Alaska with that rifle

Panda Bear, not many use the 275 H & h or the 280 Ross anymore, but they should in fact make excellent goat/sheep rifles

thanks for the replies, the old 375 gave birth to quite a few good ones

The military version of the Ross was a disaster but the caliber in the proper platform does well. We have had a Ross since like forever.

I know a few who use the 340 Weatherby and it is a beast. Probably more than is needed in North America, but regardless it works well on Elk, Moose, Buffalo, and the big bears.

I am surprised no on here uses the 338 Win. I also do not, but know some who feels it is a nice caliber

I took a second look, 454 has one

April, love your humor, but I think you scared wally dog away as he has not responded;)

I don't know, the 338Wm is a pretty good cartridge. It hits hard and with authority. Also very good at correcting a beast's attitude problem too.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back