Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Berger 6.5 140gr VLD - WTB

deer_shooter

Anyone have half a dozen 140 grain Berger VLD's you're willing to part with? I have a load worked up for my 6.5-06 with Hammer bullets that I'm somewhat happy with but I'd like to see how Berger's perform but don't want to spend ~$60 on a box. If anyone has 6 bullets they would be willing to let go, I'll send you a $20 to cover the shipping and cost of the bullets.

I know your asking for the 140gr., but if your intested in the 135 classic hunter let me know.

While most loads with Bergers will outperform non-match bullets, any bullet with a secant ogive(VLDs) will require some seating depth tuning if you don’t jam it hard(not recommended for hunting ammo) I’d recommend you buy the whole box, and follow Berger’s seating depth testing method. That will require 24+ bullets. Then you still need to fiddle with powder charge to get on a node. Even if you know the velocity that nodes are showing up at in your gun, it will require a slightly different powder charge with different bullets. On most guns I manage to tune in very few shots by the standards of most serious shooters, but under fifty is fairly wishful thinking.

All that said, most people and most guns don’t shoot good enough to tell the difference. And no matter what I do on paper from time to time, I did a miserable job in the field on a pronghorn six weeks ago.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back