Beretta 92 g

Jasher

This might not be the right place to ask. I bought a used one a few years ago from a gun store. I really didn't pay attention to the exact model when I bought it. I figured it was a 92 f. I was talking to someone recently and said yeah I have a Beretta 92 but don't remember if it's an f or fs. Since I never really looked i went home to see and much to my surprise it's a g. So I did some searching and see there's sub models. My question is how can you tell which one it is?

pyrotechnic

I'm not super familiar with the differences between the f, the fs, the m9, vs m9a1.

I do know the g models are de-cocker only. The lever springs back up to the fire position instead of staying down in the safe position when you decock the pistol like the other models.
The D models are double action only I believe.

There's differing frames between the versions with rounded vs squarish trigger guards, and light rails and such as well.

Mako

The G is for Gendarmerie. For the French Gendarmerie specifically. Back when the F/FS was adopted as the standard issue sidearm for our military, the French also adopted it, but they wanted a decocker only version for their national police force. With that, Beretta offered it for sale in the U.S. as well for both civilian and police sales.

Last edited:
SITKA Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana Lori