Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bear Vomit

Nambaster

Anyone else ever harvest a bear and 15 minutes or so into the skinning process hear what sounds like a thunder storm rolling in from inside the bear only to discover gallons and gallons of yellow vomit flowing from their already expired bears mouth? Packing out a bear hide soaked in what seems like gallons of vomit making it heavier than it should be is enough to make me reconsider hunting bears. I got to the nearest river to rinse the hide and now it smells like a wet dog. The hide absorbed the vomit smell and the creek water really making for a gruesome pack out. I guess he had to get his last laugh.

After this story I'm thinking about throwing a big contractor garbage bag in the pack.

Sounds pretty nasty. I'm usually pretty weak stomached when it comes to vomit smell and would have had a hard time with that on my back.

Saw one shot in E North Carolina that weighed 600 lbs. The hunter was so happy until he grabbed him to roll him over and grease squeezed out of its fur all over the guys hands. Bear had been eating dead/rotten hogs from a farm close by and was covered in rotten pig grease. Had to take him to the car wash to wash him prior to skinning.

Sounds like a "once in a lifetime experience". Extremely happy it never happened to me. :)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back