Barrel Length

TheTone

I think I'm gonna try doing some turkey hunting this year. I guess I can't resist there pull any longer. So with that I'm going to buy a turkey gun. I've got it down to about three guns. Barrel lengths range from around 21" to 26". What do you guys like?

Any of them will be fine. I prefer the shorter barrels. Less chance of getting hung up in the brush you'll be hiding in sometimes. You might be surprised how awkward it can be to move a long barreled shotgun around when you're sitting down behind some brush or in a blind.

Any of those barrel lengths should do you just fine Tone,with the right choke of course and the right shell.
What shotguns are you considering out of curiosity?
For me I just shoot my New Haven an older Mossberg.It has a 28" barrel with out a screw in choke,just a full choked barrel.Im considering getting a new shotgun this year or next year,not sure which one yet.This one works great but is cumbersome in the brush like Ithaca said about the longer barrels.
Good luck on whatever you choose.

Like those guys said any would be good. I shoot a mossberg with a 28 inch barrell and a extra full choke tube so its about 30inch. I have bumped it in to thing swinging on turkeys lucky the bird wasnt faster then a swarm of # 6s.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back