SITKA Gear

BAKPAKR’s 2022 Idaho elk hunt

BAKPAKR

- Drove to Pittsburgh with my friend in his 2 door Honda Civic, loaded to the gills with hard gun cases, duffels, and backpacks.
- (edit for @marksjeep) Ate at Primanti Bros.
- Flew from Pittsburgh to Spokane.
- Drove several hours.
- Hiked several miles.
- Camped in five different spots, three of which were at least four miles from the truck.
- Had fun camping/hiking with my brother and friends.
- Drove several hours.
- Flew from Spokane to Pittsburgh.
- Drove home with my friend in his 2 door Honda Civic loaded to the gills with hard gun cases, duffels, and backpacks, but no elk.
- The End.

Last edited:

shrapnel

- Drove to Pittsburgh with my friend in his 2 door Honda Civic, loaded to the gills with hard gun cases, duffels, and backpacks.
- Flew from Pittsburgh to Spokane.
- Drove several hours.
- Hiked several miles.
- Camped in five different spots, three of which were at least four miles from the truck.
- Had fun camping/hiking with my brother and friends.
- Drove several hours.
- Flew from Spokane to Pittsburgh.
- Drove home with my friend in his 2 door Honda Civic loaded to the gills with hard gun cases, duffels, and backpacks, but no elk.
- The End.
Nothing like the Reader’s Digest version. I like that better than all the word soup that you have to sort out to get an idea of what happened.

What’s next?

BAKPAKR

Nothing like the Reader’s Digest version. I like that better than all the word soup that you have to sort out to get an idea of what happened.

What’s next?
I am back in Idaho, sitting in my mom’s dining room, drinking a cup of coffee, and waiting for a big whitetail to step out into the field. I might actually have to move to the unheated barn later this afternoon to have a better view. 😀

BAKPAKR

4 out of 5 stars because I’m into the brevity thing.

I’m more interested in Lil’ Bakpakr’s story…
I am just glad that Lil’ Bakpakr flew home with her mom so my brother and I didn’t have to endure nine hours of, “Guys, how many elk did you get this year?” or “How big was your biggest elk?” on the way back to Idaho.

westbranch

I am back in Idaho, sitting in my mom’s dining room, drinking a cup of coffee, and waiting for a big whitetail to step out into the field. I might actually have to move to the unheated barn later this afternoon to have a better view. 😀

I was going to say this would be a nice one if he is still living and comes down the hill. But the pic is over 2.5 yrs old now.

IMG_20200404_115657441.jpg

neffa3

This photo of our group is probably my favorite photo from trip. We have been together on three moose hunts, two sheep hunts, a mule deer hunt, and a bunch of elk hunts over the years - some even successful.

View attachment 252812
Wait, were you going to shoot the elk or hug it? Hard to tell with all that pataguchi. ;)

shrapnel

If you come this way, we could see about a cow elk...

Derek44

Great right to the point recap. I guess that’s why they call it hunting and not killing right?!?!? Haha. At least you had a good go with ‘lil BAKPAKR. Great post. Here’s to more hunting. Stay in touch 🍻

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curhunter