Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Badlands Precision Bullets - Anybody tried them here?

William Christy

Haven't had a chance to read all these details, but checking to see if anybody has used them from here..

Does HT have room for another passionate faction of bullet lovers? We already have the "if it is old, lead, and cheap just shoot it" group, the "HT is a Nosler loyal forum" group, the "just shoot mono-metal" group, and the "Hammer lover" group. Is there room for a 5th group if these turn out to be any good? ;)

Never heard of but that was a cool performance post. Would the multi curvy depressions still identify as cannelure...

I have nearly a full box I got in a purchase of a lot of bullets. If I can ever find some H1000 I plan to test these in my 28 Nosler.

I read some guys are claiming they act like the hammers if they impact with a high enough velocity and the pedals will break off. And other guys claiming the pedals stay together more like a Barnes so kind of opposite ends of the spectrum there. Not really sure what to think.

He sent me some load data for the 125 Bulldozer in 6.5 Creedmoor back in November which was just a screenshot of Barnes data otherwise I haven't jumped off the Hammer Bandwagon.

Patriot Valley Arms also makes copper hunting bullets.

Badlands Precision claims 1900fps as min velocity for expansion
Hammers says 1800fps as min except the bigger hollow point bullets may be much lower
PVA suggest 1600-1700fps for min expansion velocity

I'm sure the tip helps the bc over hollowpoint monos like the Hammer. Bc isn't the primary concern for the guys at Hammer. More emphasis is put on terminal performance. mtmuley

He sent me some load data for the 125 Bulldozer in 6.5 Creedmoor back in November which was just a screenshot of Barnes data otherwise I haven't jumped off the Hammer Bandwagon.

Patriot Valley Arms also makes copper hunting bullets.

Badlands Precision claims 1900fps as min velocity for expansion
Hammers says 1800fps as min except the bigger hollow point bullets may be much lower
PVA suggest 1600-1700fps for min expansion velocity
Sounds about right 2000fps min ?
about 1992 barns X where tested on nilgai on the ranch , and we had problems with the X with PSI and expansion,
most penciled through unless heavy bone was hit @ 50-400 meters
we used .300 win & wetherby , 8mm mag ( velocity wasn’t the issue)

barns regrouped and returnEd with the TSX with lands , the problem with pressure and fouling cured
so imo a mono without lands, I would be hesitant to purchase
I had never heard of hammers till I joined hunt talk , barns tsx,ttsx &
noslEr partitions and accubond are the primaries in my circleFB2DC2AD-EF92-420D-9B39-06C026F3A7C8.png

Last edited:
I have a load for my wifes 6.5CM using the original 125gr bulldozer. I arrived at consistently good groups with 43gr IMR 4350. I can't find the velocity at the moment.
She shot an antelope buck with it at 175 yards a couple years ago. Bang flop with complete pass through. Decent wound channel with not a lot of meat damage and no evidence of fragmentation. I'd not hesitate to use them.

Does HT have room for another passionate faction of bullet lovers? We already have the "if it is old, lead, and cheap just shoot it" group, the "HT is a Nosler loyal forum" group, the "just shoot mono-metal" group, and the "Hammer lover" group. Is there room for a 5th group if these turn out to be any good? ;)
You forgot the Berger group! :D

And there seems to be zero love for Cutting Edge on HT.
Or Patriot Vally Arms monos either.

Another new best ever bullet. So you take a well placed shot with a cup and core hunting bullet and the same shot with a best ever custom bullet. Which one will kill the animal deader?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back