Yeti GOBOX Collection

Back Wall/Valley

bcar

Alright guys I've been shooting a Bear Anarchy for the last 5 years. The back wall is soft and the valley is fairly long which allows for a probably 3/8-1/2 inch of creep before the cams catch, which I have grown very accustomed to in a hunting bow. Since the bow is 7 years old now and has some cam lean that might require new parts I've really gotten the itch for a new bow. I shot the Bear Kuma last week and it has a rock solid back wall and absolutely no creep in the valley (it's designed to be a very aggressive bow though). This scared the crap out of me for a hunting bow. I was already having nightmares of being at full draw on a booner and relaxing for the shot just to have the cams catch screwing up the entire opportunity.

It seems like the vast majority of reviews I've been reading for recent bows all have solid back walls and minimal play in the valley. Is this something I'll just have to deal with and get used to with a newer bow? I know I've probably lost some accuracy with the long valley on my Anarchy, but I'm sure it's paid off in some awkward shot angles where I needed to be stretched out or shortened up a little bit.

There are still a lot of bows that have a more generous valley, you will give up a little bit of speed for it. The faster bows are less forgiving. Back wall really just depends on the bow and how the cams are set up I.e. limb stops or string stops.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back