Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Back in the decoys!

Sask hunter

Shooting was awful but we had fun and a nice mixed bag anyways. Had to re learn lessons the hard way of course like leave someone when going to get trucks and take a gun when looking for sailed birds. Glad I had good buddies to give me the kick to get me out there cause I haven’t been too excited about chasing birds this fall but sure was glad I went out
IMG_1151.jpeg

I was lazy and didn't go...so shame on me! However, all my water spots are just about bone dry and scouting resulted in seeing zero teal around due to the drought. Most local geese have left too but a few still around, just not in fields I can hunt

I was lazy and didn't go...so shame on me! However, all my water spots are just about bone dry and scouting resulted in seeing zero teal around due to the drought. Most local geese have left too but a few still around, just not in fields I can hunt
Hopefully you can get after then soon. A friend work tomorrow but Sunday we have a shoot lined up already that we will go after.

Shooting was awful but we had fun and a nice mixed bag anyways. Had to re learn lessons the hard way of course like leave someone when going to get trucks and take a gun when looking for sailed birds. Glad I had good buddies to give me the kick to get me out there cause I haven’t been too excited about chasing birds this fall but sure was glad I went out
View attachment 290342
Looks like a good mixed bag!

looks like a great day of hunting to me.
I have less than a month for ducks here.
Went after doves today. lots of hunters out on the public area I hunted.

Missing my Saskatchewan waterfowl trip this year. Called the farm family that I have stayed with for many years a couple days ago. My shoulder has not healed enough for that kind of shooting. I’ll miss my time with old friends as much as the hunting !

Missing my Saskatchewan waterfowl trip this year. Called the farm family that I have stayed with for many years a couple days ago. My shoulder has not healed enough for that kind of shooting. I’ll miss my time with old friends as much as the hunting !
Some great folks up in SK. Man we’ve had some fun up there. Bummer you will miss the trip. Hope the shoulder heals up for you.

2 weeks to go. Great hunt for sure keep em coming. Whens the gas station moose tag coming out?
As of now I don’t think I’ll be going moose hunting since I’ll have a very full freezer after elk This fall. Maybe I’ll go with some buddies so I don’t have withdrawals. Tags are for sale already but I don’t like to give the govt any $$$ till as late as possible so usually buy the tag the day before opener 😜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back