Yeti GOBOX Collection

AZ Elk Summer Scouting Trips

Birddog916

Hi HT,
So, my summer scouting trips have been pretty productive. I was lucky and drew an archery tag for AZ this upcoming Sept. 11-24th season. I live in California but have been lucky to meet some locals and some HTers that have helped me out, thank you! I have made two trips and have found the cows and the bulls are just starting to show up on the cameras with more frequency since the about the end of July. I hope this trend continues into the season. I put up 10 trail cameras and have a pretty good line on 3 large groups of cow and calves. Hopefully these bulls are still around or move closer to the cows come September. Over the next 3 weeks I'll be shooting my bow, planning meals, planning individual hunts, working on my calling and packing my gear. This will be my first bull archery elk hunt, but have killed a few cows with rifle and a pile of deer over the years. So if you have any words of wisdom for me please do not hesitate to give me some. Anyway, thought y'all might enjoy these photos, nothing huge yet but one pretty good one that might be 300ish?. I'm not picky and for my first archery bull I'd shoot anything really. Below are a few of my best photos to date:

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0127.JPG

DSCF0102.JPG

DSCF0375.JPG

thumbnail.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0089.JPG
    DSCF0089.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads