AZ bonus point / valid license?

Bullshot

The other day (2/3) I purchased an Arizona elk bonus point. During the process, the question regarding the valid license field was pre-populated with my existing licence #. I completed the checkout,
got my receipt. Done. Except now I see that my existing license has since expired on the 5th. Anybody know if I will still get the bonus point, now paid for and confirmed, for this year?

Slm864

It states your license needs to be valid on draw deadline date. I personally would be hesitant to take the risk. Especially if it puts your loyalty point in jeopardy

WapitiBob

By regulation it needs to be valid on the 8th. In practice, I'm not gonna say. I will note that my 2020 license expired on Feb 10 2021. I bought a new license last month with a start date of Feb 8 2022 and immediately went in and applied for Elk and Antelope. Portal shows my license as valid even though it has a start date of Feb 8 and both apps are showing on the app page.

TN VOL

Does anyone know if you can change/modify the AZ elk application after you have already submitted the app and paid for it?? I can’t figure it out..

Wallydeuce

Does anyone know if you can change/modify the AZ elk application after you have already submitted the app and paid for it?? I can’t figure it out..
No. Once submitted, you're in. See Finn's Fresh Tracks + Arizona video.

Wallydeuce

I meant to put a late rifle elk hunt for 2nd choice but instead it’s an early archery elk...it’ll be ok. Thank you
Well now I wish you could change it. Both of my choices are archery. I don't need more competition for a tag!

Shangobango

The other day (2/3) I purchased an Arizona elk bonus point. During the process, the question regarding the valid license field was pre-populated with my existing licence #. I completed the checkout,
got my receipt. Done. Except now I see that my existing license has since expired on the 5th. Anybody know if I will still get the bonus point, now paid for and confirmed, for this year?
Same thing here.

When I bought mine last year. My first year applying there so I called. The lady said I needed to make my effective date for my license Feb. 7th so I would be covered for this years draw too. Obviously that didn’t happen. Which they had a lot going on with the system change at that time so…

I just went ahead and bought a new license. Got to apply for deer later this year anyway.

Blackcats06

But a new license starting feb 8 2022 and it will cover next years draw. You have an invalid license for buying a point for this years draw.

okie archer

Yeah so every 6 or 7 years the calendar falls back and you can’t make 2 years last with one license. I had not looked to see that next year doesn’t work.
This is right. I was on phone with AZ g&f a few days ago. When I mentioned using the license 2 years in a row she said it won't work next year.
I asked her why and she said she wasn't sure but maybe because of leap year. While I was on the phone I looked up the next leap year and it's not until 2024. I told her it wasn't leap year next year and she said the dead line is on the 2nd Tuesday of February and sometimes this makes the deadline later and you can't double use same license twice.
Next year the 2nd Tuesday in February falls on the 14th so this year's license if starting on the 8th will expire the 8th next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22swiftmg