Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

jrabq

I have a goose band that was only a couple years old but looked like it had been through WWII. Had to guess at one of the numbers. Got it right on second attempt. I think some birds find the bands irritating and peck on them.
Could be that, although my thought is that mallards and geese spend a lot of time on land, walking around through corn stubble, etc. For the worn mallard band I actually called them up and we went through a few possibilities for the unreadable number and figured it out. I've heard other people say they sent the band back and by chemically etching they could read the numbers. I ended up loosing the worn band shortly after I got it, somehow came off my lanyard dammit.

A207X2

There's got to be a way to do an HT waterfowl road trip. Possibly a neutral state DIY public land. Depending on the number of attendees as to whether there's a need to break into smaller hunting groups or not.
I‘m going to W. Tennessee next week for a 3-day duck hunt at Reelfoot Lake. Last week of the season. I had one guy cancel for medical reasons so we have an opening. Ping me if interested. These are the guys we’re going with:

Last edited:

jrabq

We could do a Kansas hunt. I’d be game. I should be around people with the same condition! 🤣🤣
I heard good things about Cheyenne Bottoms (actual place, get your minds out of the gutter), thought about going there when I had a Kansas deer tag, but didn't make it. Might sort of be centrally located for a lot of folks, anybody hunted there?

nick87

I heard good things about Cheyenne Bottoms (actual place, get your minds out of the gutter), thought about going there when I had a Kansas deer tag, but didn't make it. Might sort of be centrally located for a lot of folks, anybody hunted there?
Looked into it a lot. Lot of guys saying how its not what it used to be, albeit you could sat that for 90% of places ducks are hunted anymore.

Runnin_Chupacabra

If you only go home with one, a nice bull like that is hard to beat!
Exactly! Everything was going wrong, they’d constantly come from whatever direction I happened to not be looking at, which never really happens, was getting frustrated with the layups I was way too late on and eventually got the lone sprig and peace was restored 😂

JDH

We could do a Kansas hunt. I’d be game. I should be around people with the same condition! 🤣🤣
This is what I was thinking. Lots of little potholes and WIA. We were seeing quite a few ducks in September even when I was out there in 2020. Not to mention the numbers of doves I saw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukester