Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona OTC

BangUSMC

I'm heading down to Arizona for a week for a family vacation, looking to see if there is any tags I can get over the counter for archery. Not looking for anything in particular just want to get out and hunt. Any information is appreciated, cheers

When are you going to be in AZ? Deer archery OTC is in Dec and Jan. Also pretty easy to get a leftover archery Javelina tag in Jan.

I will be down there from November 13-18. I was looking at getting a OTC javelina tag for unit 5A, but again I have never hunted in AZ and just looking to get out

Can you shoot small game with archery equipment there?
Yes. In your time frame you are pretty much limited to small game.
After looking in the regs closely, there is the OTC javelina open in 5A and other units that are the northern edge of their habitat. I have never seen javelina out of the desert habitat. I have heard of them in the pines but there is a reason why those units are open for almost 6 months. I would buy a bear tag before javelina in those units.

Yes. In your time frame you are pretty much limited to small game.
After looking in the regs closely, there is the OTC javelina open in 5A and other units that are the northern edge of their habitat. I have never seen javelina out of the desert habitat. I have heard of them in the pines but there is a reason why those units are open for almost 6 months. I would buy a bear tag before javelina in those units.
Thanks for the information and help, I'm going to do some looking around and see what other options I have. Have you ever hunted them in 6B north? Sounds like there is more up around Sedona from my reading.

Thanks for the information and help, I'm going to do some looking around and see what other options I have. Have you ever hunted them in 6B north? Sounds like there is more up around Sedona from my reading.
No, I haven't spent much time in 6B much less hunting javelina up there. Just plenty of javelina in the border units to bother heading up there to look for em.

Stay below the rim (Sedona) in 6B javelina up in the pines are few and very far between in that unit.

If your in for a hard hunt for elk, there are a few OTC elk tags you can get around the state. You can find the info on the AZ game and fish website. They are low success hunts for management in areas elk are not wanted. Depending on when you're going I may be in an area hunting for them as well.

If your in for a hard hunt for elk, there are a few OTC elk tags you can get around the state. You can find the info on the AZ game and fish website. They are low success hunts for management in areas elk are not wanted. Depending on when you're going I may be in an area hunting for them as well.
Ill be staying in the Fountain Hills area, I'm not all that familiar with AZ. What part of the state would those tags be in?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back