Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anyone Use CE Maxima Reds?

emrah1028

I currently shoot Beman ICS Bowhunters. Having a hell of a time getting my Slick Tricks to fly right. I've tried both 340 and 400 spine (400's fly way better) and 125 and 100gr. heads. I'm pretty sure I'm in tune so I thought a wholesale change in arrows might be worth a shot.

Thinking of stepping up big time in "level" of arrow to see if something other than my Bemans flies better. The Carbon Express Maxima Reds seem to get great reviews regarding stabilizing broadheads.

Anyone have first had experience with these arrows? By the way, my setup is: Elite Z28, 28.5" draw, 70lb limbs backed down 2 turns (so I'm thinking 62 or 63-ish pounds), QAD HDX rest. Arrows are 29".

Thanks,

Emrah

Reds are awesome, just cost a lot. Get a dozen and only cut 6; saving the others for future adjustments if needed. I love my gt pros, very tough arrow. Vaps are alright.

I shoot carbon express 400's 3D selects at #66 cut 27.5 and they shoot great. I would shoot through paper to see if your arrow spine is weak or to stiff or if the noc point is high or low and if your rest needs moved. Shooting through paper can solve a lot of issues.
I also shoot maxima hunters and they shoot well but are not as straight as the 3d's.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back