Anybody else out there have a Colt "Z", Pistol or Rifle

Mustangs Rule

Ages ago Colt made a two firearm rifle pistol combo for sale.

One was pre-ban AR 15 "Z".223. It had a factory camo fiinish, heavy bullet twist, target peep sights and in front of the magazine well, there was a "Z" . It was sold with a matching Colt Government 1911 with the same factory camo fiiniish and "Z" on it.

They only made 150 of the set. Thet were shipped to stores which sold the most Colts, again only 150 were ever made.

I happened to go into my gun store when they just got a set

I was standing looking at the set, was only interested in the rifle,,,a guy next to me only wanted the pistol. So we split up the set.

Minus 10 shots to sight it in, mine is NIB. I was wondering of anybody out there had the set, the rifle, or the pistol?

Little late, but I just bought the 1911 Goverment Model Z with no roll marks. Sending it out to have it engraved.
Very cool! Surprised you are not keeping it orgiinal.
I am getting old enough to think about selling my rifle. Interested ?

Very cool! Surprised you are not keeping it orgiinal.
I am getting old enough to think about selling my rifle. Interested ?
There’s a family story that is going on it. My family came here in 1633 from England as Puritans. In 1636 they moved to what is now Hartford and we’re a part of the founding father. Then on to the Revolutionary War. The left side of the gun and top of the slide is dedicated to telling the Puritan story, and on the right side is the Revolutionary War “When in the course of human events…”.

Not having any roll marks really opens it up for the engraving. This is an heirloom item that will be passed down through the generations (hopefully). I’m not concerned about resale value.

How much are you asking for the rifle?

There’s a family story that is going on it. My family came here in 1633 from England as Puritans. In 1636 they moved to what is now Hartford and we’re a part of the founding father. Then on to the Revolutionary War. The left side of the gun and top of the slide is dedicated to telling the Puritan story, and on the right side is the Revolutionary War “When in the course of human events…”.

Not having any roll marks really opens it up for the engraving. This is an heirloom item that will be passed down through the generations (hopefully). I’m not concerned about resale value.

How much are you asking for the rifle?
Cool story.I grew up on a dairy farm in Connectcut. Colt, Winchester, and Marlin are like mothers milk to me.

How old are you. I am 74 not really ready to part with it yet, but that time will come and i would like to find homes forvall my cool fiirearms before I kick the bucket.

As far as how much money, whatever the market value is. They only made 150 of them. I bought mine brand new, still have the box and original paper.

I took ot out to raange and fired about 6 rounds just to sight it in case the need for it ever developed. Other than those 6 rounds it is NIB. I have several Colt 30 round mags and tons of GI issue mags.

I have just kept is dry, clean and otherwise unfired since I bought it, maybe the late 1980's.

It has target sights and the heavy bullet twist.

Right next to it all these years has been a series, 70 Satin nickel Colt 45 Commander.

I am mainly a bolt action and revolver type, but these two firerms have been my option in case the world went to hell and I needed them.

At some point i will let go of both.

PM me with your contact info if you wish.

I live where there is not a hint of crime with the nearest traffic light is 72 miles away.

I have only seen one other AR 15 "Z" in all these years, It was at a gun shop in Las Vegas.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back