Another New Guy from Colorado

Nicholas Santoro

Not new to Colorado - just to hunting. I’ve been starting out very slowly the last couple of years. I live in southern Colorado (Gardner) and hunt mostly rabbits, with a few comically ill fated elk hunts thrown in the mix. It’s been a slow go for me, as I’m the first hunter in my family and I don’t really have any friends who hunt, so I’m figuring things out myself mostly through trial and error (emphasis on the error). It’s been fun reading posts on the forum for a while, figured it was time I spoke up a little.

I am in the same boat! Been browsing forever and figured it was time to dip my toes in the water

Last edited:
I'm glad you are figuring things out. I have a few ill-fated elk hunts as well. Including last season when I came across a trophy bull, but wasn't ready for a 505 yard shot, and it wasn't possible to stalk before dark. On the hike back to camp I sprained my knee. I hope that big bugger is still there next season. I am also figuring this out on my own, and one of the best resources I have found on Elk hunting is Cliff Grey on YouTube.

Not new to Colorado - just to hunting. I’ve been starting out very slowly the last couple of years. I live in southern Colorado (Gardner) and hunt mostly rabbits, with a few comically ill fated elk hunts thrown in the mix. It’s been a slow go for me, as I’m the first hunter in my family and I don’t really have any friends who hunt, so I’m figuring things out myself mostly through trial and error (emphasis on the error). It’s been fun reading posts on the forum for a while, figured it was time I spoke up a little.

Welcome

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back