Another MT bear dead in MAY

GFHunter

100_0458.JPG

May 19th 2005 was the date on this bears death certificate. I had been hunting in my favorate area (this just happens to be the place where mtmiller killed his great bear)for bears since April 15. After several trips of no bears(bears still sleeping) and lots of snow banks I finally ran into this pretty bear.

It was about 8:15 in the evening and the shadows were getting long, I emerged into one of my favorate meadows on my way back to the truck and noticed this bear grazing on some fresh green grass about 200 yards above me. I layed down with a perfect rest over my day pack and watched him for about 10 minutes.

I had killed a 5 1/2 footer 2 years ago, and a nice 5 footer last year, so I was really contemplateing shooting this bear. After much brain power (not really just trying to get over my bear fever) and realizing he must of just come out of hybernation and having just a beautiful jet black coat (his hide is just like mtmillers) I put a 100 grain bullet right through his chest. Dropped him in his tracks. He tried to get up again so I put one more through his boiler room and the death cert. was signed.

Now I have my 3rd rug in 3 years going on the wall.

Nice pic of the bear Dean. Now that you have the pic post thing going, let's see some of those mule deer you were telling me about.

Congrats! Nice bear. 3 rugs?? You must have an entire room dedicated to black bears! Rugs take up a lot of space on a wall.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back