Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ammo showing up on shelves, but....

std7mag

Ammo supply is showing up on shelves once again.
But...
A friendly reminder to check your ammo.
With the factories running 24/7, some quality control issues are slipping through.

Look over your ammo before shooting it. If it doesn't look right, chances are it isn't.

Be safe! There's only one of you! You can get more ammo.

Get ready for ammo shortage 2.0. There's been a ban on Russian ammo importing. I know most people on here don't shoot it but that means all tula, wolf, etc is going to be band.

Get ready for ammo shortage 2.0. There's been a ban on Russian ammo importing. I know most people on here don't shoot it but that means all tula, wolf, etc is going to be band.
it will probably start the panic buying on everything else though.

The Cabela's in Hamburg, PA has plenty of 223/556, 300 Blackout, 9mm, 45acp and 40S&W. Some 450 Bushmaster. In regards to brass they have a couple of bags of 300WSM, 22 Nosler and 33 Nosler.

Still waiting on ammo prices to come down more before I even attempt to buy anything. I seen a guy buying .22 shells for an outrageous price yesterday. He said he just wanted to do some plinking with his 12 year old son. I felt bad for him.

Looked for shotshells today for next Wednesday‘s dove opener. There are quite a few 12 ga. in 1oz. loads, but very few in 1 1/8oz. I could’t find a single box of 20 ga. in 1 oz. or 7/8. I’ve got dig through my supply, looks like my 12 yo may have to try the 12 this year. I hope I don’t have to, I love my 20 for birds.

Looked for shotshells today for next Wednesday‘s dove opener. There are quite a few 12 ga. in 1oz. loads, but very few in 1 1/8oz. I could’t find a single box of 20 ga. in 1 oz. or 7/8. I’ve got dig through my supply, looks like my 12 yo may have to try the 12 this year. I hope I don’t have to, I love my 20 for birds.
what are you looking for in 20? 7.5?

Had a couple of guys reach out to help via pm to help out, thank you so much. I scrounged around and found enough for Jack (my 12 yo). Some great folks on this site, hope we don’t screw it up.

While i'm glad people are finding ammo, it wasn't what the thread was about.

I've heard of 3 pistols blowing up (sent back to pistol manufacture, fault was ammo), extra bullet in some hunting ammo, dents in the case, bullets pushed in too far, backwards primers, bent cartridges.

And some of the things that hand loaders know to look for, but buyers of factory ammo may not.
Stiff to open bolt, or slide, or lever.
Check the head of the case when you eject it. Does it have shiny marks from the ejector?
These are signs of overpressure.
And it happens sometimes with factory ammo also.

Please look over your ammo!
Be safe!

Was at the local Sportsman’s today and was a bit surprised to find a “decent” selection…lots of 9, .308, -06, .300WM, and a sprinkling of oddballs in the mix🤷🏻‍♂️

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back