Ameristep Distorter Kickout Blind

WyoDoug

After months of trial and tribulation with my haybale blind, I tossed it and went with a new one. Going to try this on antelope this weekend if it's not too windy. Comments appreciated from those who have hunted with this or similar blinds. I spent a bit more because I liked it's features and the company is good. Got all black clothing, gloves and face mask so I can move around and not be seen. I noticed in the hay bale blind, antelope were coming right up to it, but I think they saw me moving inside and it was also horribly cramped, which this blind has plenty of room to stand and go full draw. I am 5'8" and inside standing room is 70" so that works for me and about 6 feet corner to corner. Going to water proof it right off the bat which I do with all tents and blinds I own.

Last edited:
I found some hay bale "blankets" that I am going to use to break up the outline of the blind. Where I hunt, will be next to a haystack most of the time. So my idea is to get a light weight hay bale colored camo blanket to cover it and cover the forest green camo a bit which I think will stand out in rolling grassy hills a bit. Still, I have had antelope come right up to it and spook only after I attempted to go to full draw in the cramped blind I was in earlier this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back