Yeti GOBOX Collection

Affordable Chamber vacuum under $400.00

Cammy

Big shout out to Avid Armor for the amazing chamber vacuum USV20 Ultra (avidarmor.com)! I used a very expensive chamber vacuum that my cousin has in Alaska and was impressed by the quality of the seal. I did a lot of research before buying the Avid Armor and am very happy with the results. No more freezer burn and/or loss of taste we have experienced with cheaper vac sealers or zip closure bags.

I went one step up and got the JVR Vac100 a little over a year ago and have been super happy with it as well. Very nice to quit messing with the food saver bags and the sealer constantly overheating and needing to buy a new one every few years. Looks like the price on them has gone up a little, I used a code off of a YouTube video and saved another $100 when I ordered mine. There are a few YouTube videos out there comparing them.

Tell me more.... I googled it... looks awesom. I am currently using cabelas brand vacuum sealer but it doesn't seal worth a darn if anything is wet. We seal a lot of Green Chiles and vegetables in addition to all wild game and fish. So question is does it really work on things such as soup and wet foods?

Tell me more.... I googled it... looks awesom. I am currently using cabelas brand vacuum sealer but it doesn't seal worth a darn if anything is wet. We seal a lot of Green Chiles and vegetables in addition to all wild game and fish. So question is does it really work on things such as soup and wet foods?
The chamber vacuum sealers really work on soup and even 100% liquid. I think the Avid Armor will work if you don't use it much, I got the JVR because sometimes I'm sealing up 100 pounds at a time. The biggest drawback to the JVR is that it weighs 55lbs. I keep it on the top of our upright freezer in the laundry room and we just use a stool and seal occasionally with it that way but if we are going to do a lot I pull it down and put it on a counter.

Here is a YouTube video comparing the 2.

I think that is the one with the coupon for $100 off. There are a few updated reviews as well.

No affiliation, just think it is a very good product although it does cost a bit.

How does the Avid Armor perform on heavy duty tasks like 1-200lbs of meat processing in a sitting?

I've been looking at getting a new sealer. Top running are vacmaster and Meat! brands. Meat your maker usually runs deals, and best I can tell, they are about 60-75% the price of the vacmaster for the same thing.

For over 50 pounds of sealing at a time you should be looking at a larger unit. The avid armor I have worked well for 40ish pounds of hamburger and brats in 1 pound packs. You could do 100+ pounds with it but not sure if the unit could keep up long term.
As for liquids, the chamber vac is perfect because of how it works. It draws the entire "box" into a vacuum the seals the bag under vacuum. once atmospheric pressure returns to the "box" you see just how well the air is drawn out of the bag. I took our homemade marinara sauce and vac packed it for Nevada deer camp. Perfect seal and no leaks. When I was doing my brats you could see the air being drawn out of the casing under vacuum.

How does the Avid Armor perform on heavy duty tasks like 1-200lbs of meat processing in a sitting?

I've been looking at getting a new sealer. Top running are vacmaster and Meat! brands. Meat your maker usually runs deals, and best I can tell, they are about 60-75% the price of the vacmaster for the same thing.
Buy once, cry once right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back