Leupold Banner

Add one , Cut one : Summer Olympic sports

Jason73

I seem to remember they cut baseball a few years ago and added…trampoline???? Seriously?

I wish they would just keep the more traditional Olympic fare, and leave the skateboarding/snowboarding/street ball alternative stuff to the X Games. They do it way better anyway.
Skateboarding and snowboarding are exponentially more complicated to excel at than basketball. Seriously. Watch the 2 side by side.

Cornell Cowboy

When your cell phone falls out of your pocket during "competition" it's not a sport...get rid of skateboarding (I can only watch guys fall off a railing so many times). Add American football.

MarvB

@Europe sounds like you’re somewhere between pole dancing and the parallel bars so you just might make the 2024 games!!

Yes I took the girls to medieval times once in So Cal and once in Dallas. It’s unfortunate they’ve upped their prices ($40+ for kids over age TWO😳) as the children really enjoy it. Food wasn’t bad, the kids esp liked the giant turkey legs lol.

MarvB

I was surprised to see that 3 on 3 basketball was an Olympic sport. I watched it for a few minutes but they need to make some rule changes. I thought “make it, take it” was kinda the standard for half court basketball. Also, way too many fouls called for 3 on 3.

Yeah I also think that once you have bball already there do you really need 3x3?

EYJONAS!

I don't think we're going in the direction of extreme and contact for the Olympics. They've added more dancing and artistic sports for the next games already.....

I can't believe jousting isn't in it. That's a great one!

Festus

How about bring back the Redneck Games. They were held in Georgia for several years.

Some events that were held during the Redneck Games included:
  • The cigarette flip
  • Bobbing for pig's feet
  • Seed spitting
  • Toilet seat throwing
  • Mud pit belly flop
  • Big-hair contest
  • Wet T-Shirt contest
  • Armpit serenade
  • Bug zapping by spitball
  • Dumpster diving
  • Hubcap hurling
For each of the events, a trophy is awarded; a half crushed, empty mounted beer can.

Hammsolo

I was surprised to see that 3 on 3 basketball was an Olympic sport. I watched it for a few minutes but they need to make some rule changes. I thought “make it, take it” was kinda the standard for half court basketball. Also, way too many fouls called for 3 on 3.
I actually appreciated the women’s last night. It was physical for a televised game. There were tons of no calls on clear hacks. As a Spokane guy I think it’s awesome. Go Hoopfest!

Hammsolo

Skateboarding and snowboarding are exponentially more complicated to excel at than basketball. Seriously. Watch the 2 side by side.
Having been semi-successful at all 3 I will humbly disagree. They are so different. Now basketball on skateboards… that would be epic!

Wild Alaskan Salmon Seafood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiddenOaks