Damn you wllm! Now you really got me wanting to get a mule or 3. The fall foliage in that mule ride photo was absolutely spectacular. The weather you had to endure, not so much.
I’m not going to pretend I know squat about equines, but like I said a well trained and manner mule is impressive. Bushwhacking through alders/side hilling was a cool experience. I imagine Joshaua’s mules are kinda like Beau’s llamas… gold standard.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Sorry the ride didn't turn out quite like you had hoped and planned. Sorry about losing your childhood friend.

That is super big country and really helps put our tiny presence here on earth into perspective a bit.

One heck of an adventure and the memories will last forever even if you didn't go 3 for 3 on the tags.

The $1,950 special price potentially upcoming on the Wyoming elk tag thread has a few people waxing somewhat poetically about why exactly do we need a tag in our pocket to go on adventures like this and it really makes one think.

Here's to many more grand adventures in the future, whether you have a tag that remains in your pocket unnotched or whether you have a tag at all.

@wllm thanks for taking us along on your grand adventure. So sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing like those day one friends.

Great write up!

To spend so much time in those mountains is a success in itself, to have experience failure is one of the many reasons those mountains are so special. Those mountains will humble you.

Those same mules took in my friends today. Last time they had a tag it kicked their butt, 5 years later is redemption time. No doubt of the outcome….

Safe travels home!

Thanks for taking us along. It sounds like you gave it your all, and you now have memories of incredible things and sights a lot of us will never get to experience.

I do think that I would be hitting up one of the in-laws for a grizzly hunt next year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back