Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A little pellet gun fun!

SFC B

So, I have had a Benjamin pellet gun (177) for a couple of years now (it was a Christmas present) but have never really messed with it. Given all the time I have on my hands now I decided to go into the back yard and zero the little bugger. After what seemed like an eternity of adjusting (4x centerppoint scope) I finally got it down to a half inch group off of a tripod at +-50 feet. Now I am ready for "selective" target practice in the back yard :)

I have been doing the same with a Ruger Blackhawk pellet gun I won as a door prize 10 years ago. I put a cheap bushnell scope on it and used my new Vortex range finder to set the target at 25 yards. Still pulling shots to the left which I believe maybe my fundamentals being rusty or the crazy crosswind we have had. Trying to get back in shooting shape as I have noticed a decline in my accuracy over the past few years.

I have been doing the same with a Ruger Blackhawk pellet gun I won as a door prize 10 years ago. I put a cheap bushnell scope on it and used my new Vortex range finder to set the target at 25 yards. Still pulling shots to the left which I believe maybe my fundamentals being rusty or the crazy crosswind we have had. Trying to get back in shooting shape as I have noticed a decline in my accuracy over the past few years.
Maybe your pulling shots from the recoil. Try a lead sled.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite in .270WSM that I know I have a flinch problem with. Last time out I missed what is normally a chip shot for me at around 250 yards broadside. I don't shoot as much as I used to so I am using the pellet gun to work on fundamentals first. will borrow a lead sled later to make sure the .270WSM is not the issue before the next hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back