Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A good kind of sore

Brittany Chukarman

Always a big deal to me when I get an elk but this one I'm especially grateful for. I have joint problems that give me doubt that I can go out alone and finish the job anymore. A friend offered to help me and a neighbor gave me access to some awesome ground. It still wasn't a slam dunk, as we had a long uphill stalk to get into range but they were undisturbed elk and the wind was right. We ran out of cover at 415 yards and I took the shot from there. That's about 100 yards farther than I've ever shot at an animal but I took out the heart. 7mm/08 and I use the Nikon BDC scope that most everyone hates. I'm treating the soreness with amber ale and the world is right tonight. Eastern Oregon.IMGP0176.JPG

Always a big deal to me when I get an elk but this one I'm especially grateful for. I have joint problems that give me doubt that I can go out alone and finish the job anymore. A friend offered to help me and a neighbor gave me access to some awesome ground. It still wasn't a slam dunk, as we had a long uphill stalk to get into range but they were undisturbed elk and the wind was right. We ran out of cover at 415 yards and I took the shot from there. That's about 100 yards farther than I've ever shot at an animal but I took out the heart. 7mm/08 and I use the Nikon BDC scope that most everyone hates. I'm treating the soreness with amber ale and the world is right tonight. Eastern Oregon.View attachment 120380
Hope you bought a 12 pack!Nice Elk! 🔥

nice job, thanks for sharing. I actually like that scope, got one on a 7mag. shot a muley last year at 467. congrats again and hope you get another next year.

Congratulations! Hopefully the meat lasts longer than the soreness! Upon a closer look at the photo, I believe that she’s happy for you also! :) memtb

You are an inspiration. The joint pain is also creeping up on me prematurely, it worries me about the future most days. Combination of wear and tear, mid-life, and an unfortunate bout with lyme disease (arguably ongoing). I probably can accomplish 95% of what I ever could, but with 200% of the consequences. Congratulations to you on a great hunt, and proving that its mind over matter when it comes to getting it done. It's not about the inches, but about the effort and fun, and delicious meat. Thanks for sharing.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back