A day off, what to do

undercover

Hello again hunt talkers, 3+ months away before results come out to see if I was fortunate enough to draw a type 6 tag in Wyoming. My mind is still in the planning stages as if I AM headed west from Michigan in November or December. My hunting partner is my wife, do the things I love with the people I love! right? She will be an extra set of eyes, an extra knife, and a Sherpa! I have a quick question: my elk area is somewhere near Laramie, Medicine Bow, And Rawlins. While my wife loves nature, wild and crazy weather, and hangin with her hubby, I need or want to take a day away from the elk grind and find something we can do outside of hunting. I was thinking a hot spring, but the one I found on the internet near that area seemed to be a little commercialized, not even sure if its a true Hot Spring. We also like cold beer, brewery scene, not so much shopping, but maybe a western clothing store or two might be kinda cool to pick up some clothes for the kids. Any recommendations for a day away from the elk grind in that time of year? Im blessed enough to head west, spend time with my wife and walking around God's Country with a rifle and a day pack. A kill is not key for me for a good time. Should be a 10 day trip, 1.5 days driving out, 7 days in Wyoming, and 1.5 days home Thanks in advance

Brian aka undercover

I’d head into Saratoga, you should be able to knock all those off your list.
+1
g.png

BB.jpg

Saratoga literally has everything you listed. As asked above, if you like to fish the Platte around Saratoga and the lakes and the Miracle Mile(a ways away but not too far for Wyoming) are all great fisheries. Where in Michigan are you? I grew up there.

Saratoga literally has everything you listed. As asked above, if you like to fish the Platte around Saratoga and the lakes and the Miracle Mile(a ways away but not too far for Wyoming) are all great fisheries. Where in Michigan are you? I grew up there.
Raised in Grand Rapids now live in Big Rapids. You?

Back