Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

600 yard 6 Creedmoor Results

Guy

Finally got some rounds downrange at 600 yards with the 6 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle! I am very pleased. Shot from the bench, with the rifle on a Harris bipod, no rear bag. Ammo was my handloaded 108 gr Hornady ELD Match bullets with H4350. I had removed the muzzle brake and did notice a little more muzzle jump, despite the weight of the rifle.

Used the Jeep to set out my 600 yard paper & steel targets. Fresh snow from yesterday!
eqgcGtll.jpg

Set up the rifle, on the bipod, with no rear bag. Had to clear snow off the bench!
x329w5ql.jpg

The Vortex. I'm finally happy with it. Great scope for this rifle!
QQa38uyl.jpg

600 yard target, some of my last few shots after I'd found my 600 yard dope today. I'm pretty sure I pulled that one high and left. Feeling good about that:
frtV2qWl.jpg

Spent most of my time banging this steel gong at 600 yards. Sure was fun! I hadn't shot 600 yards in quite a while.
Pc2Cdjil.jpg

All in all, I'm happy with the rifle, the scope, the load, and even myself. Didn't even try prone today, was having too much fun from the bench.

Felt good to get some rounds downrange from 600 again.

Guy

Did you pick one up from Sportsman's when they were like $795? That was a screaming deal. If not, sorry to bring it up :) Can I ask what your MV is with the 108? Thx

Did you pick one up from Sportsman's when they were like $795? That was a screaming deal. If not, sorry to bring it up :) Can I ask what your MV is with the 108? Thx

I did! Walked in there for some 9mm ammo (I always give my "kids" ammo for Christmas!) and walked out with a rifle! They were asking $747.00 for the rifle. Don't these things normally go for somewhere around $1,100 or so?

LOL - I haven't put the ammo over a chronograph yet! Oooops! I know that's a major sin to some handloaders, but... I built an awful lot of good ammo long before I had a chronograph, and sometimes I just don't remember to use it.

The factory load is rated at 2960 fps. I suspect my handload is running a similar velocity, based on point of impact comparision with factory ammo - but - I'll check it one of these days. Right now, I'm just tickled to be shooting 600 again!

Regards, Guy

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back