PEAX Equipment

34.5 inch arrows.

jzeck2

One of my hunting bodies is part baboon, that is very long arms. He needs a 34.5 inch arrow. Several archery shops have told him that they have never heard of anyone needing an arrow that long then they measure him and he does. Then they go to work trying to find him arrows and they all come back in a couple weeks and tell him they can't get them. One shop said they could special order them if he would take 1000. Probably not going to happen. Anybody know where he can get a few dozen. He has always shot aluminum because of his draw and is willing to stay with aluminum. Hate to see him quit shooting for lack of arrows.

Thats tough, I am 6'6" and use uncut A/C/C arrows. Most arrows are 32-33 at the longest if aluminums are at his length he may be stuck with them….

Has he thought about getting an overdraw so that he could go with a shorter arrow?
I'd give this serious thought. Though they are way out of vogue now, I shot one for years to pick up a few FPS. Never really caused me any problems. Not sure how that will work with his preferred rest type. Might were just the old spring loaded double prong type.

Probably the cheapest fix...if you can still find them. A quick search shows a company called Hamskea still offers them:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/hamskea-versa-overdraw.html

Honestly I used to shoot 30 inch and a bow shop talked my into the benefits of a shorter draw for hunting. I know always have a slight bend in my elbow and i can very comfortable shoot from tough angles kneeling and standing. In a stand behind or almost straight down is a very doable shot and I never have to worry about the string catching my arm or jacket. My draw is now 27.5 with release and although I did loose a bit on speed I would never go back to the longer draw I used to have. I do use a peep and kisser button so I have several points of reference so I can maintain repeat ability. Not sure if It would help your buddy but it is an option.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back