Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

329PD Very Shootable for Training

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

This is simply to post for anyone researching and considering the 329PD for their backpack gun. Also, I’m going on assumption of max recommended load for gun at about 1250fps with a 255gr bullet as that’s what Buffalo Bore offers as their max.

I did tons of research and had to dig deep to find the info I was looking for, so figured I'd post this so it's easy to find for others thinking similar.

Bottom line is that with light .44 specials (845fps) for me it was very shootable and fun, meaning I will be comfortable logging lots of practice rounds to get familiar with sight acquisition, rapid fire, different shooting positions, etc..

With .44 magnums (1145fps) it was hot but still manageable, so I'm very comfortable mixing in a few cylinders in training sessions.

(note- I did install the Hogue X frame grips before first shots) The vast majority of posts talked about how bad the recoil is and how it's a "carry a lot, shoot a little" gun, but I'm simply not comfortable putting my life on the line with a gun I've barely shot. So I kept trying to find how it handles with the lighter specials for logging shooting time. I will say I wouldn’t want to fire this baby with 1400+FPS heavy loads but you’re not supposed to anyways.

Hopefully this finds someone else earlier in their search and saves them lots of time.

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back