MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

300wsm vs. 300mag

Wapiti23

Hi all, I was wondering if there was any difference between the .300 wsm and the .300 win mag? Any info on this would be great.

If you are not looking to get a lighter gun, i see no reason to go with the WSM. One factor of the WSM is a shorter action making the overall gun lighter. Ballistics wise they are so close I would not spend the extra money on ammo just because, unless you want lighter.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick either. Have and like both...IMO the short has a tad less recoil but, on the other hand, the long ammo is more obtainable.

If you handload then your better off with the 300win mag. If you dont and are simply shooting factory rounds, then they are essentially ballistic equals. The 300wsm you will find in lighter guns more readily, the 300win mag will usually be a bit cheaper to buy factory rounds for.

I wanted the 300 win mag but ended up with the WSM. I handload and have found a good recipe for my gun. I dont think you could go wrong with either and as already said, they are pretty much ballistically equal

Alright thanks a bunch. I have asked a few people about it and they have all said the same thing so I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back