30-378

Buddy bought the 1st one to through come through the Husky Sport Shop in Moscow (Idaho) in the ‘90’s. Took it up to Moscow Mountain and shot it off the roof of another friend’s Subaru. It was loud and kicked like expected.
Then we got in the car to drive back to town... it was then we realized that the concussion had SHATTERED the windshield!

I shoot one. It’s a very fun caliber. I replaced the factory weatherby brake with a MBM beast and it’s a lot better now. Pushes 230gr Berger’s pretty fast also.

Bless me, never heard it described as a fun caliber. Thou art a tougher man than I. I guess these days these new muzzle brakes make a lot of difference. A friend took one on his first and only African safari. His Professional Hunter made him take the muzzle brake off and after several Weatherby kisses He came home for repairs. Kindest Regards.
I shoot one. It’s a very fun caliber. I replaced the factory weatherby brake with a MBM beast and it’s a lot better now. Pushes 230gr Berger’s pretty fast also.

Bless me, never heard it described as a fun caliber. Thou art a tougher man than I. I guess these days these new muzzle brakes make a lot of difference. A friend took one on his first and only African safari. His Professional Hunter made him take the muzzle brake off and after several Weatherby kisses He came home for repairs. Kindest Regards.
The recoil isn’t that bad actually. The new muzzlebrake designs are IMO much better than the old radial style. They don’t blow dust everywhere and with angled port the rifle recoil into the shooter very efficiently.

I used to shoot one and other than the noise wouldn't hesitate to hand it to someone that's recoil shy. I made the mistake of checking it's zero off the hood of my truck - once. Windshield survived but the paint wasn't so lucky.

It was a big heavy gun that I didn't enjoy lugging around so I got rid of it. My brother had one and came to the same conclusion so he dumped his. They shot great BTW. I didn't enjoy the feeling I was shooting a concussion grenade with the break on it.

If we could get Mtmuley away from his RUM, he'd probably own 3 right now.
;)

$8 a shot??!!!.
And here i just passed up a smoking deal on a 408 Cheytac cause i priced at $7 a shot!!
And nowhere to shoot it in PA...
But $8 a shot???

I asked this same question of few months back on another forum. I was about 3 minutes away from buying one in the late 90s. Young, dumb, and lots of expendable cash....

The price of ammo, even back then. changed my mind. I don't even remember if I ever considered the recoil?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back