209 Primer Conversion

Hello Summitthunting. I haven't used the 25 ACP conversion, but I use the vari-flame 209 adapters and have for a long time.

Mine are the ones for small rifle primers (they don't manufacture this size anymore). The concept is the same regardless which set-up you decide to use.

I too shoot an Omega. I use mine with Triple 7 and Pyrodex RS. They won't ignite BH 209, not hot enough. If you want to shoot BH, you need to get the adapter that uses large rifle primers. I will soon be switching to this set-up.

Here the link to the man that invented these: http://www.prbullet.com/lrvf.htm

The variflames have been outstanding. Just by making this one change, my groups shrunk. The concept behind this type of ignition system is "spot on". When I started weighing my charges, they shrunk even more. I am fortunate enough to have several load combinations that will shoot 1 inch groups or less at 100 yards.

When you are working up loads for accuracy...do this. Swab the bore between shots. Makes a big difference.

Hope this helps you. You might have noticed the link in my signature line for muzzleloading tips. It's free to signup, if you would like to subscribe.

Take care,

Paul

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back