2020 Alternatives

prhunter

Drew an elk tag in Colorado this year... very excited for that. However, I struck out in all the other states I applied for. Currently looking for alternate hunts. NM and AZ no longer have leftover tags available.

Considering OTC Barbary Sheep in NM or OTC fall bear in AZ. Not sure if there is anything left in CO. Any thoughts or suggestions on this will be appreciated. Thanks

Fish for trout as part of the elk hunt trip? If headed from TX could overshoot CO into WY for some trout fishing. Relatively cheap date but would require some planning and buying some new gear which to me is enjoyable when bored during the dog days of summer. TX has aoudad, obviously, with some of the hunts requiring a lot of effort. Some states have fall turkey hunts.

Fish for trout as part of the elk hunt trip? If headed from TX could overshoot CO into WY for some trout fishing. Relatively cheap date but would require some planning and buying some new gear which to me is enjoyable when bored during the dog days of summer. TX has aoudad, obviously, with some of the hunts requiring a lot of effort. Some states have fall turkey hunts.
Thanks for the reply, I completely overlooked the trout fishing in CO. Thanks for the tip

If money, distance, time and success odds are not of concern, Washington has OTC Deer, Elk, Cougar, Bear tag package for just under $1000 for NRs. If you happen to be a disabled vet they're same as resident price at $117.50.

What other states do you apply for? AZ if you have the lic and are able to hunt the same unit you’re applying for for deer/elk with the OTC bear tag might be a good recon for future use. Or like NV gives you a fishing lic as well if you apply there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back