PEAX Equipment

2019 Montana Deer combo pp breakdown?

bb1379

Anyone seen it yet? Someone posted it I thought last year. Curious to see how much harder it got to draw this year.

I think it took some time for the dept. to release it last year. I will be interested to see this years' stats as well, particularly odds of drawing with zero vs. one point.

I am anxious to see as well. Drew a general elk with no pp. Assuming the odds getting pushed out had a lot of people buying pp and left less than 25% without pp. I would venture to guess people with no pp had a 100% draw.

I feel bad drawing with no pp when others had . I was sweating it and kicking myself for not spending the $50 but the more I looked into I liked my odds of drawing without.

Good luck everyone this fall in all your adventures.

Reactions: LCH
Our party drew general elk which is all we put in for and 1 other friend drew elk with no pp. Will be intersting to see the stats.

Last edited:
Our party drew general elk which is all we put in for and 1 other friend drew elk with no pp. Will be intersting to see the stats.

News flash - everyone that applied for the general elk combo drew it . There’s 400 leftover

News flash - everyone that applied for the general elk combo drew it . There’s 400 leftover

I dont think everyone who applied for general elk drew. Last year there was 800 leftover but 1200 didnt draw. Is this because those 1200 only applied for LE elli combos?

I dont think everyone who applied for general elk drew. Last year there was 800 leftover but 1200 didnt draw. Is this because those 1200 only applied for LE elli combos?
I think maybe you are confusing general deer combo, general big game combo, and general elk combo. maybe.

I think maybe you are confusing general deer combo, general big game combo, and general elk combo. maybe.

I could be but this is what I was reading to get my numbers.

Attachments

• 20190306_200437.jpg
    20190306_200437.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 25
I saw on rokslide that some people with 1 pp didn't get a combo tag but maybe I read it wrong

I saw on rokslide that some people with 1 pp didn't get a combo tag but maybe I read it wrong

Here is how non point holders wouldve drawn and others with points wouldn't.

75% of NR tags to point holders 25% to non point holders.

Lets say 100 total tags.

75 licenses to point holders 25 to non.

High profile people or websites post stats from last year showing that it was 100% with pp and 50-60% without causing everyone to buy a point.

Scenario: 125 applicants
So last year 75 applicants had points for 75 licenses all drew tags and 50 didnt have points so only 25 drew.

Now this year 100 applied with points (bc it was 100% last year) only 75 drew. Conversely only 25 applied without points so 100% without drew.

Back