Caribou Gear

2009 CO Archery Buck

BOHNTR

29.5" wide......6x5........4" eye-guards......will gross in the mid 170's and net in the mid 160's......ran into the timber from the alpine tundra (11,400' elevation). Good to be home after that multi-mile pack-out! Hope you enjoy.

CO09062.jpg

For any new guys to the site, put BOHNTR on your "notify when post" list. If he posts, it will be something worth your time of investigating and reading.

Once again, another monster mule deer. Great work, BOHNTR. Congrats on a beautiful buck. Sounds like he got the last laugh, if you had to pack him that far.

Thanks for sharing. After last year's bucks, I thought you might take it easy on them for a year. Guess not.

Hope you have another hunt or two in your schedule.

Great buck.

Congrats on another great buck for your collection. It looks like he's got some big bases.

It looks like he's got some big bases.

He sure does.....20" of mass per side. Thanks again guys.....here's some more photos.

The pack back to camp with the head and cape......thanks to my long time hunting partners who helped share the load (meat) which made it bearable.

CO09102.jpg

Here's the REAL heavy load.....all the boned out meat, cape, and antlers all the way to the truck. 92 pounds is too darn much for me anymore......I need a horse! :) My hunting partner (Wally) packing out his as well. He had a lighter load, as the body on his his was a bit smaller (mid 150's buck).....and he had no cape. Still heavy though for a guy his age!

CO09113.jpg

CO09114.jpg

WOW nice job AGAIN !! and AGAIN and AGAIN you always get it done !! cant wait to see the rest of the season !!

You don't need a horse, you just need to invite a crazy young guy like myself who will pack more than his share.

as always, toads on the ground. Thanks for sharing, and getting me remotivated after a weekend of looking at bare hillsides.

Great buck, Roy. You've killed more nice bucks in CO in the last 5 years than I have my entire life, and I live here. Congratulations on another successful hunt. Thanks for sharing.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back