Yeti GOBOX Collection

2003 Turkey season

Kraven

Hello all ! Congrats to those of you that were lucky enough to get your birds!! Kevin and I went this weekend to eastern washington, Again!! These were some hard to hunt birds. They were not talking at all!!!! We hunted saturday for 12 hrs before we heard out first GOBBLE. 7 pm.
So the next morning up the hill we go, of course we didnt get up when the alarm went off. tooooo quiet. So we went in the area where 2 boys were talking the night before where the hen called em back. About 3/4 the way up I gave some calls and didnt expect any answer. It didnt come. waited a bit and continued up the hill about 100 yrds. There walking down the road I see Tom. Only 30 yrds. We jumped the inside of the bend and got ready. Waited about 2-3 min and he popped his head around the corner. Kevin took him down. BUT thats not all. As Kevin shot another tom and a hen started to run up the hill. I was able to get my 2nd Merriam. And Kevin his first. We also were able to kill a Yote saturday morning and watch a big brown sow with 2 cubs play on the adjacent hillside about 450 yrds off. Kevin should be able to get our pics posted behind this.
Dsc00414.sized.jpg

Here is a couple more of my dad and brother.
Dsc00263.sized.jpg

Dsc00243.sized.jpg

And heres a pic of Cameron Yote that he peppered in the face with 6 shot.
Dsc00370.sized.jpg

Back