Yeti GOBOX Collection

20 moa rail question

• Thread starter Guest member 25165
  • Start date
G

Guest member 25165

I have a question concerning mounting a 20 moa rail vs a 0 moa pic rail. Excuse my ignorance here...I have no intention of shooting long range but the zero moa rail I was going to buy is out of stock. If I install a 20 moa rail, will I have any trouble sighting in at 100 yards? I've never used a 20 moa rail before and just curious if there will be issues sighting in and shooting at modest hunting ranges if I have 20 moa built in to my set up. Thanks for your time with this.

Depends on vertical travel of your scope. FWIW - I would wait for the right part, but with enough available travel it can work.

As Vikingsguy said, it depends on how much total travel you have in your scope.
Also depending on the brand of rail & rings, scope objective size, you may need to get slightly taller rings.

Of course, these are worst case scenarios.
Chances are, you put it on and be fine.

Of the rifles i have with one piece rails, only one is zero MOA. All the rest are 20 MOA.

I use EGW rails, and now their new Keystone line of rings. The EGW rails are kinda tall, allowing use of low rings with up to a 50mm objective. I've used that setup with a 60mm objective, but depends on where you need your eye relief.

And yes, sight in at 100 yards is fine. Just turn your elevation adjustment down 20 MOA then sight in as normal.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with using a 20MOA rail. Just be sure that your cheek weld and scope position are still good.
What brand of rifle and what rail were you looking for?

Nothing wrong with using a 20MOA rail. Just be sure that your cheek weld and scope position are still good.
What brand of rifle and what rail were you looking for?
I bought a Weatherby Mark V Backcountry with a carbon barrel in 257 wby. Was looking at the Leupold Backcountry rail.

I bought a Weatherby Mark V Backcountry with a carbon barrel in 257 wby. Was looking at the Leupold Backcountry rail.

EGW and Talley also make a decent rail for the Mark V.
If you want to go with an ultralight solid setup Murphy Precision makes a very high quality rail and even a Titanium one.

Most likely you won't have a problem. But, it might not fit you like you're used to. You may have pick up your head slightly to see the crosshairs.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back