Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

117g HH or 126gHH

Darren8167

Hey guys. I won a new Weatherby Vanguard in .270. I want to load up some hammers for it. I am going between the 117g HH or the 126gHH. Anybody have any experience with either and if so care to share your recipe. Thanks in advance.
Darren

Get the 117gr and fling em as fast as your rifle let's you.
This. Unless they won't shoot. Then the 124. I am still working on the 117. Steve says I am not pushing them fast enough. Gonna lean on them more, but had him send me some 124's anyway. Speed is it with Hammers. mtmuley

This. Unless they won't shoot. Then the 124. I am still working on the 117. Steve says I am not pushing them fast enough. Gonna lean on them more, but had him send me some 124's anyway. Speed is it with Hammers. mtmuley
What kind of velocity are you seeing with the 166 in the ‘06?

I have a ladder loaded up and ready for testing with 117 HH over RE17 in RWS .270 Win brass. If I ever get to go shoot them I will share the results.

Second on the bump

For my elk hunt this year I would like to try Hammers. Any suggestions on starting points for loads in either a 270 Winchester or 280 Remington.

Second on the bump

For my elk hunt this year I would like to try Hammers. Any suggestions on starting points for loads in either a 270 Winchester or 280 Remington.
Hammer has a website with a lot of load info for just about any cartridge. I don't have a .280, but the 117 Hunter is great in the .270. mtmuley

Second on the bump

What’s the twist in your .280?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back