1 man lightweight tent

lilbiggun

I know they suck and to small but I'm looking for a 1 man lightweight tent. primary use is for emergency shelter and being up here, looking for atleast a 3 season tent/bivy or if I get a wild hair and decide to spend the night.

I have a 3 season northface 2 man thats great for if I'm planning on staying out but to bulky just to carry for that "in case" factor. Plus I carry different packs for day trips vs overnight.

Any suggestions for a 1 man 3 season tent thats lightweight for under $350?

Thanks man, heard good things about big angus but never owned one. Usually I take along a poncho and make a shelter but at 40 I want something I can stretch out in and be somewhat comfortable, especially if I get caught in a late spring snowstorm or fall rain deluge/snowstorm. Plus an actual tent makes my wife feel more comfortable incase I need to stay the night unplanned.

With either the fly creek or the copper spur you will want the foot print to go with it. They are lightweight because of the material. As long as you take care not to set up on sharp rocks or pitch the tent by sharp tree branches that might rub against it in the wind you'll love it. You won't find lighter tents and they are easy to set up.

The copper spur having the larger vestibule would be real nice as well.

I agree. I have both the fly creek in 2 man (for myself) and 3 man with me and the lady. Superlight. Look on ebay. I got the 2 person for 120 bucks and the 3 for 200. Both new. Always check misspelled listings.

Big Agnes Fly Creek 1. Super light and packs small. I have the 3 man and can't believe how light and small that thing packs.
Check ebay they are just under $300
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...g+agnes+fly+creek+1&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I have that BigAgnes tent and like it a lot. Else look at the Hilleberg Akto or for all-season use the Suolo. If a shelter is enough I also like the Rajd, because its big enough for 2 people and weights in right at 2lbs http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT-015211

Take a look at a Hennessy Hammock. I have a bivy sack, one man ultra light and the hammock. I will only use the hamock now. Best night sleep in the woods I have ever had. I take it camping in the trailor and use it for mid day naps on family camping trips.

These days I almost always take the Big Agnes 3 Wire bivy if I'm going solo. I'm a big fan and recommend it often.

On this year's 3-wire the eVent fabric extends to the end of the footbox, as per the original (and better) design. The pole is now external as well for what it's worth. Anyway, it's a good option.

eureka,timberline,not as light as some,but sturdy,and will take any thing nature can throw at it.:cool:

another vote for Big Agnes.great lightweight tents that even an idiot can set up in minutes

I would suggest looking at Luxe as well. I haven't tried their tarp tents but I do run their hexpeak XL as a 4-season hot tent. Really like it.

Back